Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Year's Journey

"An excellent wife who can find?  She is far more precious than jewels." - Proverbs 31:10

One year ago, I married my best friend.  Our first year's journey has been filled with its share of adventure and craziness, but I wouldn't have it any other way!  The most amazing blessing of all is an amazing wife, and I am so thankful to God for bringing me the best one! 

What do the Northwoods of Wisconsin, the Sunshine State of Florida, and the beautiful city of Rockford all have in common?  Absolutely nothing except for the fact that we were lucky enough to call each of those places home in 12 short months!  I'm not sure what we were thinking, but it all worked out.  Even though my wife LOVED living in Dunbar, WI, we opted to move to Florida for a summer, after the school year was finished.  So many memories involving pianos in our living room/kitchen, sleeping on an air mattress for a week, and cockroaches giving us mid-night visits.  Needless to say, it has been a wonderful year!  I love my wife and I am so thankful for her sticking by me through it all, good times and hard times.  I know this post has nothing to do with coaching or basketball, but I just had to let everyone know how lucky I am.  One year down, so many more to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment