Monday, June 11, 2012

Becoming a Bruin

Well, it feels like the past few months have been a roller coaster ride, as I've been trying to find a coaching position for this upcoming season.  I'm very excited to announce that God has opened a door for me to coach at NCCAA DI, Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC.  My young coaching career has been filled with mostly part-time and volunteer positions, so I am extremely thankful for my first "full-time" position where my job is to get paid to coach basketball!  How cool is that?!

My wife and I have spent numerous hours praying that the right position would open up, and it has.  I am looking forward to working with a great head coach in Neal Ring and being part of BJU's inaugural season of intercollegiate athletics.  I didn't think that when Coach Ring first talked to me about coming to BJU it would actually happen.  I had a lot of skepticism and was doubtful about the whole situation, but I guess good things happen when you talk to coaches at the Final Four!

I look forward to being part of a program where Jesus Christ is lifted high and lives will be impacted for the Kingdom of God.  Anyone who knows me understands my passion for basketball and my desire to use the game to proclaim the gospel message of Jesus.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to coach at an institution where I can do that.  I am also grateful for my mentors who have discipled me along the way and continue to make huge impacts in my life.  Coach Peter Wehry, Coach Paul Whitt, and Wayne Simien (there are many more coaches, too!) have been some of my greatest coaching role models and I appreciate everything they do.  I am pumped up to begin work as a Bruin and I am ecstatic to see the awesome things God does with our basketball team!

No comments:

Post a Comment